Owning and operating a restaurant comes with its own unique set of responsibilities. Taking care of your kitchen exhaust system is one of these tasks that must be done regularly to ensure the safety and comfort of guests and employees and overall health code compliance. But not being equipped with the right knowledge can make the commercial hood cleaning process more of a hassle than it needs to be.
We’ve got you covered if you’re a restaurant or commercial kitchen owner overwhelmed with properly cleaning your system. In this article, we’ll cover some effective tips for exhaust and hood filter cleaning, so you can keep your kitchen running smoothly. Keep reading!
Tips To Deliver The Best Exhaust Cleaning
Over time, smoke, fumes, and other particles naturally accumulate in the exhaust hood. But with the appropriate maintenance and cleaning, restaurant owners can keep their kitchens in shape. To do that, you need to:
- Remove additional dirt and debris: Remove grease traps, filters, or fans so that each part can be cleaned properly.
- Create a mixed cleaning solution: Create a bucket of warm water and degreaser solution for effective cleaning.
- Scrub and dry the interior: To ensure thorough cleaning, use a gentle scrub pad, soft-bristled brush, or cloth to remove any grease and other unwanted debris. And then, utilize a damp cloth to eliminate any soapy traces, and then use a different towel for the drying process of the interior.
- Scrub and dry the exterior: Thoroughly scrub the hood’s surface with the cleaning solution to remove any unwanted grease. Then, remove any remaining soap using a moist cloth and buff the exterior with a different towel.
Tips To Deliver The Best Hood Filter Cleaning
Grease and grime build up over time, leading to an inefficient kitchen hood filter. But with the proper maintenance, you can increase the life of your hood filters. To do that, you should:
- Remove the filters carefully: To ensure that your range hood continues to work efficiently, remove the filters carefully.
- Create a degreasing concoction: For the best results, prepare a degreaser solution in your sink or bathtub by blending warm water and liquid-based detergent. Read instructions for accurate ratios of water to ensure effectiveness.
- Soak the filters: Let the filters soak in water for 2-3 hours or overnight. This will help remove excess grease and ensure they’re working properly.
- Remove filters from solution and scrub: After allowing them to soak, remove the filters from your cleansing solution, lightly buff any remaining residue with a soft cloth, and rinse them under running water to ensure no remnants remain.
- Let them dry: Finally, ensure that your kitchen hood filters are completely dry before placing them back into the unit.
Find The Best Restaurant Cleaning Services At Extreme Cleaning!
Although commercial hood cleaning may be seen as a DIY task, the truth is that the process can be quite time-consuming and demanding. Restaurant owners should focus instead on delivering an outstanding dining experience to their guests, and that’s why we offer the highest quality hood filter and exhaust cleaning services at Extreme Cleaning.
Our cleaning experts are licensed and certified, so you can rest assured that we’ll deliver the best hood filter cleaning services and ensure that your kitchen is up to code with the health regulations. Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information or to get a quote for our services.